Virus Scanner -- Mail Sent in Outlook Rich Text Format

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Oct 9 16:11:31 IST 2001

At 16:04 09/10/2001, you wrote:
>Something from one of my Administrators.. What should I tell him?

*Some* winmail.dat attachments cannot be decoded and scanned. There is an
option near the bottom of the mailscanner.conf configuration file to enable
you to deliver these anyway. There are no better TNEF decoders in existence
I'm afraid, unless someone wants to write me a better one.

I have tried to get the file format spec out of Microsoft, but to no avail :-(

                             Southampton SO17 1BJ