Virus Scanner -- Mail Sent in Outlook Rich Text Format

Greg Boehnlein damin at NACS.NET
Tue Oct 9 16:04:27 IST 2001

Something from one of my Administrators.. What should I tell him?

--
    Vice President of New Age Consulting Service, Inc.  Cleveland Ohio
           http://www.nacs.net   info at nacs.net   (216)-619-2000
                              KP-216-121-ST

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 10:44:00 -0400
From: Chuck Liggett <chuckl at nacs.net>
To: "Boehnlein, Greg" <damin at nacs.net>
Subject: Virus Scanner -- Mail Sent in Outlook Rich Text Format

Greg:

All mail being sent in outlook Rich Text Format (an option in Outlook 97/2K/XP)
is not scannable by the Mail Scanner and the mail scanner removes the Rich Text
attachments from the message declaring them as follows:

=======
   This is a message from the MailScanner E-Mail Virus Protection Service
   The original e-mail attachment "WINMAIL.DAT"
   was believed to be infected by a virus and has been replaced by this warning
   message.

   If you wish to receive a copy of the *infected* attachment, please
   e-mail support and include this entire in your request. Alternatively, you
   can call the Help Desk at (216)-619-2000, with the contents of this
   message in hand.