Virus Scanner -- Mail Sent in Outlook Rich Text Format

Martin Sapsed m.sapsed at BANGOR.AC.UK
Tue Oct 9 16:27:25 IST 2001

On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, Julian Field wrote:

> *Some* winmail.dat attachments cannot be decoded and scanned. There is an
> option near the bottom of the mailscanner.conf configuration file to enable
> you to deliver these anyway. There are no better TNEF decoders in existence
> I'm afraid, unless someone wants to write me a better one.
>
> I have tried to get the file format spec out of Microsoft, but to no avail :-(

What an opportunity to persuade the "customers" to use "standard"
attachments rather than Microsoft Proprietary ones?

Cheers,

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed                           To have no errors
Information Services                    Would be life without meaning