mailscanner & exim

Rajesh Fowkar rfowkar at YAHOO.COM
Mon Dec 17 19:04:04 GMT 2001

Julian Field saw fit to inform me that:
>At 23:23 16/12/2001, you wrote:
>>-------------------------------------------------------------
>>/usr/sbin/exim -bd
>>/usr/sbin/exim -C /etc/exim_outgoing.conf -bd -q15m
>>/usr/local/MailScanner/bin/check_mailscanner >/dev/null
>>-------------------------------------------------------------
>
>I'm not an Exim user, but if that was sendmail there shouldn't be 2 "-bd"
>lines above, only 1. In sendmail the 2nd one shouldn't have "-bd".
>
>Check the Exim installation instructions again, to be sure you are doing
>this bit right.

Sorry Julian. My mistake. Yes -bd is not required for second exim process.
But even after removing it and restarting mailscanner and exim my problem
still remains.

The mail which I have sent is scanned in /var/spool/exim_incoming/input and
than put in /var/spool/exim/input. But mailq does not show anything and I
cannot send mail.

Now I am sending this mail by stopping mailscanner and just starting plain
exim.

What else could be wrong ?

Thanks a lot for the help.

Peace