Goner-A problems

Tony Yates tonyy at FOE.CO.UK
Wed Dec 5 17:40:13 GMT 2001

Julian et al,

Hi.

Julian Field wrote:

> MailScanner seems to be having some problems catching the Goner-A virus. On
> my systems it appears to miss it, so presumably the MIME decoding is
> failing to work properly on it.

[snip]

> If you have managed to catch it, I would be very interested to hear exactly
> what versions of the MIME-tools module you are using. It may be a bug only
> present in some versions.
> --

We've intercepted a clutch today (20+) since last nights signature
update.

We're using MIME-tools-BETA-5.503 on a mailscanner dedicated perl
install (5.6.1).

HTH.

Regards,

Tony..
--
Tony Yates      Email: tonyy at foe.co.uk     Tel: +44 (0)20 7566 1632
IT Manager, Friends of the Earth, 26-28 Underwood St, London N1 7JQ