Possible corrupt tnef binary in MailScanner 2.40

Nick Phillips nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM
Thu Aug 30 10:58:39 IST 2001

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 10:08:40AM +0100, Syshelp wrote:

> the cause was a TNEF unpack process which had been running for 30
> minutes, of which 20 minutes were on CPU and most worryingly had grown
> to a size of 650 MEGABYTES!  The winmail.dat file it was unpacking was a
> massive 77kb ;)  It had suceeded in extracting a file from the TNEF.

How big was the extracted file? Had it done the extraction and then hung
up, or what?

Do you have a copy of the offending winmail.dat?

Which version of tnef were you using? 1.0.1 or 1.1? I don't know what
the differences are, but it may be worth looking at the changes between
the two.

Cheers,

Nick

Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com
Abandon the search for Truth; settle for a good fantasy.