[SEMI-OFFTOPIC] two antivirus

Rick Gutierrez xserverlinux at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 19:23:36 UTC 2024

El vie, 7 jun 2024 a las 8:21, Ricky Boone (<ricky.boone at gmail.com>) escribió:

> I don't have experience with F-Secure, but have used Sophos and McAfee way back in the past (when it was supported by a previous version of MailScanner).  Looking at the source code and Github project, it looks like F-Secure (or now known as WithSecure) on Linux is supported via wrapper, where it runs the command line fsanalyze command.  This corresponds to their documentation as well.

Hi ricky thnk  for the interest in this email,  on the other hand, I'm
not really looking for F-secure as the only option, rather I was
wondering what antivirus outside of Avast or Clamav they used in
conjunction with mailscanner to add more protection to emails.

> https://github.com/MailScanner/v5/blob/master/common/usr/lib/MailScanner/wrapper/f-secure-12-wrapper
>
> https://github.com/MailScanner/v5/pull/553
>
> https://www.withsecure.com/userguides/product.html?business/linux-protection/latest/en/task_6FF3CD0A72924F32A5B43E2600529C51-latest-en
>
> I would expect that you need a licensed copy of WithSecure Linux Protection, download the package respective to your platform, etc.
>
> https://www.withsecure.com/userguides/product.html#business/linux-protection/latest/en/task_fqp_l43_b1c-latest-en

I'm going to take a look, I'm not sure if this would work on Rocky Linux 8/9.

best regards.

--
rickygm

http://gnuforever.homelinux.com