[SEMI-OFFTOPIC] two antivirus

Ricky Boone ricky.boone at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 14:22:01 UTC 2024

I don't have experience with F-Secure, but have used Sophos and McAfee way
back in the past (when it was supported by a previous version of
MailScanner).  Looking at the source code and Github project, it looks like
F-Secure (or now known as WithSecure) on Linux is supported via wrapper,
where it runs the command line fsanalyze command.  This corresponds to
their documentation as well.

https://github.com/MailScanner/v5/blob/master/common/usr/lib/MailScanner/wrapper/f-secure-12-wrapper

https://github.com/MailScanner/v5/pull/553

https://www.withsecure.com/userguides/product.html?business/linux-protection/latest/en/task_6FF3CD0A72924F32A5B43E2600529C51-latest-en

I would expect that you need a licensed copy of WithSecure Linux
Protection, download the package respective to your platform, etc.

https://www.withsecure.com/userguides/product.html#business/linux-protection/latest/en/task_fqp_l43_b1c-latest-en