Any new techniques?

Tracy Greggs mailscanner-list at okla.com
Fri Feb 9 14:13:18 UTC 2024

I've been running rbldnsd and bind on the same server for years.

I created a fake zone, ie clients.blocked.rbl and have rbldnsd listening
on port 530 instead of 53

I create a forward zone in bind for clients.blocked.rbl

zone  "clients.blocked.rbl" IN {
         type forward;
         forward first;
         forwarders { 127.0.0.1 port 530; };
};

And rbldnsd.wrapper

  RBLDNSD='- -r /var/lib/rbldns -l rbldnsd.log -b 127.0.0.1/530
clients.blocked.rbl:dnset:nrd,iats,udrp'

I have,  dnssec-validation no;

I'm running on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS but this should be the same on any
distro really.

Good luck.