MSMILTER service not installed

Shawn Iverson shawniverson at summitgrid.com
Wed Mar 1 14:12:28 UTC 2023

On 2/28/23 21:16, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 2/28/23 17:45, jcimoen wrote:
>>
>> I assume it should be installed as part of the MailScanner install.
>> Can I just manually create the service definition file?  I can see it
>> on the github site.
>>
>> I can see this file exists /usr/lib/MailScanner/init/msmilter-init.
>> This is the only file I can find that has msmilter in the title.
>> Should there be more?
>
> There should be /lib/systemd/system/msmilter.service and a symlink to
> it at /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/msmilter.service
>
> How did you install MailScanner? The rpm install should create those
> files.
>
> Did you run ms-configure after installing MailScanner?

msmilter-init is for non-systemd OSes and not applicable here.

This is bizarre.  The rpm spec defines the following in the %files
section and should be there. If they are not, that implies a broken rpm
or somehow broken install of the rpm.

%attr(644,root,root) /usr/lib/MailScanner/systemd/ms-milter

If it isn't there, that is a bit concerning.  During the %post section
of the rpm, it is copied like this if systemd is present:

cp /usr/lib/MailScanner/systemd/ms-milter
/usr/lib/systemd/system/msmilter.service

Furthermore, I double checked the rpm package online, verified the
checksums are good, and confirmed with rpm -qpl that the file is present
in the rpm.