Installing Mailscanner 5.4.5 on Almalinux 8 or 9

Christophe GRENIER grenier at cgsecurity.org
Tue Dec 12 08:15:16 UTC 2023

On Tue, 12 Dec 2023, Pramod Daya via MailScanner wrote:

> Hi
>

> When I do an install of Mailscanner 5.4.5 on a new Almalinux installation, it always hangs when installing Spamassassin 4:
>

> Building and testing Mail-SpamAssassin-4.000000 ...
>

> And then just times out.
>

> What do I need to do to install Mailscanner 5.4.5 ?

Hello

I am currently installing Mailscanner on an AlmaLinux 8 and I had the
same problem. To install SpamAssassin, I have skipped the tests:

/usr/bin/perl /usr/bin/cpanm -v -n Mail::SpamAssassin

Regards

--
   / |  '     \    | |--------.   Christophe GRENIER
  (  )         0   | |        | grenier at cgsecurity.org
      /  \-'~;      .--------.   TestDisk & PhotoRec
     /  __/~| ._-""||        |   Data Recovery
   =(  _____|_|____||________|   https://www.cgsecurity.org