MSMilter and spf

Sat Oct 23 17:18:48 UTC 2021

It's been a a few years since msmilter was first implemented in
mailscanner. I had been using the
traditional since I started using mailscanner. I had some time on my
hands and I thought I would
try the msmilter configuration also because I haven't seen any recent
issues in the list come along
so I thought that is a good sign. It was easy to setup because the
documentation is well done and
my mail is received as expected. So first of all I would like to say
thank you to those who implemented
the milter option. However I am running in one small thing which isn't
working correctly and that
has been since I went from traditional to milter configuration.

Before the switch to the milter configuration postfix would add a line
like this to the headers:

Received-SPF: Pass (mailfrom) identity=mailfrom; client-ip=204.92.22.85;
helo=mail03.engage.redhat.com; envelope-from=noreply at engage.redhat.com;
receiver=<UNKNOWN>

Since I made the switch to milter that is not happening anymore, any
idea why that is happening?

Maarten