Mail stuck in /var/spool/postfix/hold

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Jun 16 08:07:24 UTC 2021

Ah, on www-data, i use mailwatch with mailscanner.

SpamAssassian in debian/ubuntu.
debian-spamd:x:113:120::/var/lib/spamassassin:/bin/sh

/usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/Pyzor.pm

Now this part.. There are cleary 2 things mixed up here.
Spamassassin + pyzor from cpan.
/usr/local/share/perl/5.30.0/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/Pyzor.pm

My version.
/usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/Pyzor.pm

So, check and cleanup, use or local repo version or manual cpan version.
Looks like there is bit of both now.

I just noticed also these parts in my config.
>From /etc/MailScanner/spamassassin.conf

# make sure pyzor is installed before enabling
ifplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Pyzor
        pyzor_path /usr/bin/pyzor
        pyzor_options --homedir /var/lib/MailScanner/
Endif

# you need to install DCCPROC and enable the plugin in v310.pre
# https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spamassassin/branches/3.0/INSTALL
# under "Optional Programs"
ifplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC
        dcc_path /usr/local/bin/dccproc
        dcc_home /var/lib/MailScanner/
Endif

And you can add debug manual here.
spamassassin --lint --debug

Greetz,

Louis

> I noticed that ms-config did install pyzor, doing
>   MailScanner -debug --lint
> reveals this :
> internal error, python traceback seen in response: Traceback
> (most recent
> call last):\n  File "/bin/pyzor", line 408, in <module>\n    main()\n
> File "/bin/pyzor", line 131, in main\n    config, options, args =
> load_configuration()\n  File "/bin/pyzor", line 107, in
> load_configuration\n
> os.mkdir(options.homedir)\nPermissionError: [Errno
> 13] Permission denied: '/var/spool/postfix/.pyzor' at
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.30.0/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/Pyzor.pm
>  line 308.
> SpamAssassin reported no errors.
>
> There is no such directory /var/spool/postfix/.pyzor the
> installer didn't
> create it.  Surprisingly, when installing SpamAssassin from apt on my
> first attempt, it created a user spamd but ms-configure installed
> spamass from cpan and it seems no user spamd was created ?
>
> mkdir /var/spool/postfix/.pyzor
> chown postfix. /var/spool/postfix/.pyzor

I would do chown postfix:mtagroup /var/spool/postfix/.pyzor && chmod 770 /var/spool/postfix/.pyzor

> silenced the error, i removed pyzor just in case though
>
> razor was also installed by the MailScanner installer but no
> directory created, guess ms-configure should have created that ?

I see if i can make the time  and run a quick setup on this.