Mail stuck in /var/spool/postfix/hold

Remco Barendse mailscanner at barendse.to
Wed Jun 16 07:48:02 UTC 2021

Thanks!  I added postfix to group clamav, I do not use exim nor www-data
therefore I don't think that adding these to mtagroup will fix it.

Is there any way of forcing MailScanner to show which file it is failing
permissions on?

I noticed that ms-config did install pyzor, doing
  MailScanner -debug --lint
reveals this :
internal error, python traceback seen in response: Traceback (most recent
call last):\n  File "/bin/pyzor", line 408, in <module>\n    main()\n
File "/bin/pyzor", line 131, in main\n    config, options, args =
load_configuration()\n  File "/bin/pyzor", line 107, in
load_configuration\n    os.mkdir(options.homedir)\nPermissionError: [Errno
13] Permission denied: '/var/spool/postfix/.pyzor' at
/usr/local/share/perl/5.30.0/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/Pyzor.pm line 308.
SpamAssassin reported no errors.

There is no such directory /var/spool/postfix/.pyzor the installer didn't
create it.  Surprisingly, when installing SpamAssassin from apt on my
first attempt, it created a user spamd but ms-configure installed
spamass from cpan and it seems no user spamd was created ?

mkdir /var/spool/postfix/.pyzor
chown postfix. /var/spool/postfix/.pyzor

silenced the error, i removed pyzor just in case though

razor was also installed by the MailScanner installer but no directory
created, guess ms-configure should have created that ?

Thanks for help :)