Eset EFS v7 not working in MailScanner 5.3.3

Budi F bfebrian at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 17:12:43 UTC 2021

Hi,

I'm not sure what happened, I installed clamd and eset, but it seem eset
never scan emails as it supposed to, I only see clamd that do the virus scan

I notice this problem as some email with virus able to get through to
users, but luckily esets desktop able to scan the virus

[MailScanner]# MailScanner --lint
Trying to setlogsock(unix)

Reading configuration file /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf
Reading configuration file /etc/MailScanner/conf.d/README
Read 1500 hostnames from the phishing whitelist
Read 5545 hostnames from the phishing blacklists
Config: calling custom init function MailWatchLogging
MailWatch: Started MailWatch SQL Logging child

Checking version numbers...
Version number in MailScanner.conf (5.3.3) is correct.

Your envelope_sender_header in spamassassin.conf is correct.
MailScanner setting GID to  (89)
MailScanner setting UID to  (89)

Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
Using SpamAssassin results cache
Connected to SpamAssassin cache database
SpamAssassin reported no errors.
Connected to Processing Attempts Database
Created Processing Attempts Database successfully
There are 0 messages in the Processing Attempts Database
Using locktype = posix
MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = clamd esets"
Found these virus scanners installed: esets, clamd
Filename Checks: Blocked Filename Detected (1 eicar.com)
Other Checks: Found 1 problems
Virus and Content Scanning: Starting
Clamd::INFECTED::Win.Test.EICAR_HDB-1 :: ./1/
Virus Scanning: Clamd found 1 infections
Infected message 1 came from 10.1.1.1
Virus Scanning: Found 1 viruses

If any of your virus scanners (esets,clamd)
are not listed there, you should check that they are installed correctly
and that MailScanner is finding them correctly via its virus.scanners.conf.
Config: calling custom end function MailWatchLogging