Viewing archived email - is there a way or a script to search and view the archive?

mailscanner at barendse.to mailscanner at barendse.to
Mon Aug 16 15:16:04 UTC 2021

Hi list!

Google didn't help me much but as the archive option has been in
MailScanner for quite a while, I guess other people must have looked at
this.

I am runng Ubuntu 20.04 + postfix + MailScanner and using the archive
option to retain all in+outbound email. The email gets stored in
the form of a file, i.e. :
/var/spool/MailScanner/archive/20210812/1912312116B.ABDE5

Is there any way to make the archive searchable either by text or email
addresses mail was sent/to from? Doing grep and then postcat on each file
works but becomes cumbersome if search criterium is wide and there are
a lot of hits.

Google brought me a lot of hits on finding stuff in the postfix queue and
then doing something with that but very little on an archive.

Thanks! Remco