erroneous fraud warning - can you help?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Oct 29 22:58:37 UTC 2020

On 10/29/20 11:57 AM, Thomas Lohman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As others have pointed out, the actual link is going to
> linkprotect.cudasvc.com which is listed in the phishing.bad.sites file.
>
> # grep cuda phishing.bad.sites.conf
> phishing.bad.sites.conf:linkprotect.cudasvc.com
>
> You can try adding it to the phishing.safe.sites.conf file but I can't
> recall if its listed in both files what happens.  Also, if you are
> downloading these daily then your changes will get overridden.

The place to add it is phishing.safe.sites.custom which does not get
overridden, but this advice may be irrelevant.

When senders complain about phishing and fraud warnings and disarming by
MailScanner, the warnings they are concerned about may be added to
outbound mail by MailScanner on their own server, but more likely, they
are added by MailScanner in recipient domains over which they have no
control.