erroneous fraud warning - can you help?

Thomas Lohman thomasl at mtl.mit.edu
Thu Oct 29 18:57:42 UTC 2020

Hi,

As others have pointed out, the actual link is going to
linkprotect.cudasvc.com which is listed in the phishing.bad.sites file.

# grep cuda phishing.bad.sites.conf
phishing.bad.sites.conf:linkprotect.cudasvc.com

You can try adding it to the phishing.safe.sites.conf file but I can't
recall if its listed in both files what happens.  Also, if you are
downloading these daily then your changes will get overridden.

For my set up, I have a utility that runs when the new files are
downloaded.  It takes a custom safe phishing sites file that lists our
custom entries, prepends it to the top of the downloaded safe sites
phishing file and also removes any entry for those custom safe phishing
sites that may exist in the downloaded bad sites phishing file.

cheers,

--tom