MailScanner Lint Error

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Aug 23 22:14:13 UTC 2020

On 8/23/20 2:25 PM, Paul Scott wrote:
> Hello Mark,
>
> Just an FYI, but the last activity on the MailWatch users list is 4-years ago, in 2016.

I don't use MailWatch and know very little about it, however, I think
the error 99 comes from MySQL. It is not a failure to connect to the
server, but rather a response from the server refusing the connection
for some reason.

If you look at the upgrade.php script and find the mysqli_connect call
and duplicate that in a small script that displays the error as in the
first example at
<https://www.php.net/manual/en/mysqli.quickstart.connections.php>, does
that help?