Anti-phishing using FROM text field information?

Robert Foreman rforeman at lsfiore.com
Thu Aug 20 17:21:20 UTC 2020

Sorry, I duplicated the VALID_LIST examples.

If a FROM “Name” is found in VALID_LIST[any] and does NOT match any line in VALID_LIST, then DENY.

I should not need to define all possible invalid email addresses for “CEO Smith”.  No AI or Bayes algorithm is needed.
* Example Invalid:  "CEO Smith" <anything.else at whatever.com>

For small organizations with a limited number of people, including outside contacts, it should not be difficult to implement and avoid a large number of impersonation attacks.
CONFIDENTIAL – This message and any attachments are confidential, and intended only for the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to others; also please notify the sender by replying to this message, and then delete it from your system. Thank you.