MailScanner Lint Error

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Aug 11 07:10:16 UTC 2020

Hai Paul,

I've had a better look here on my Debian Buster system.

If i compair my MailScanner --lint output. im missing some part in yours.

Checking version numbers...
Version number in MailScanner.conf (5.3.3) is correct.

Your envelope_sender_header in spamassassin.conf is correct.
MailScanner setting GID to  (113)        <<<<<<<
MailScanner setting UID to  (108)        <<<<<<<

Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
Using SpamAssassin results cache

im running it all as user postfix  with these as member in mtagroup.

mtagroup:x:1001:clamav,Debian-exim,postfix,mail,www-data
clamav:x:119:postfix
ssl-cert:x:112:postfix

check which user your MTA is running, and setup the new config.

/etc/MailScanner/conf.d/01-mycompanysettings.conf

Run As User = YourServiceUsers
Run As Group = YourServiceUsers

so im still thinking your rights are off somewhere.

If you ever changed the MailScanner.conf, revert it back to defaults and add you settings in a seperated files as shown.
i would suggest, backup the old config file.
install the new one dont change it.
make of copy of the new one (clean on)  and add one in /etc/MailScanner/conf.d/01-mycompanysettings.conf   and only change whats needed there

On the "CPAN" upgrade of SpamAssassin.
I then do hope you removed the "packages" or set it to hold, because what if .... you now get an upgrade of SpamAssassin packages..
I dont know Centos that good.

Review you MailScanner.conf settings but start with a clean file.
Remove the updated spamassassin and use the system packaged one.
but since your using Centos-6 well, upgrade it. yes, you are "maintained" but that stops in 3,5 months.
Dont wait it out, this is the chance to start fresh, but thats my advice.

See how far you get.

Can you also ( on a next attempt to make it run) post a output of the mail.log.
Dont neeed it all, only the MailScanner/Spamassassin parts

So far,
Sorry for later reply, my previous we i think 15m before i feel a sleep. ;-)

Greetz,

Louis