Found x messages in the Processing Attempts Database

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Sep 22 22:17:41 UTC 2019

On 9/22/19 2:05 PM, PenguinWhispererThe . wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After an update of my mailserver I had a permission issue.
> I've corrected it but while troubleshooting I also noticed this message:
> "Found 20 messages in the Processing Attempts Database".
...> What's would be the best way to investigate these mails? Where can I
> find them and ideally see a reason why these are in the processing db?

Start with the command

MailScanner --processing

The database location is configured in MailScanner as Processing
Attempts Database (default
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/Processing.db). It's a SQLite database,
you can also examine it with sqlite3.