Recommended Antivirus scanners

Danita Zanre danita at caledonia.net
Thu Nov 21 09:37:03 UTC 2019

I had the opposite experience lately. Clamd was causing excessive delays in email, so I switched to sophos. It’s detecting viruses, and has been a bit of a pain because I’ve not found a reliable way to white list password protected files for some of my users and it blocks all of those requiring individual whitening for now while I learn what the heck it is I’m doing. I feel like we suddenly get more spam though, because I suspect that clamd was marking some phishing types of spam as viruses that sophos does not.

--
Danita Zanrè, Move Out of the Office
I love my job, and you can too!