Recommended Antivirus scanners

Pramod Daya pramod at mindspring.co.za
Thu Nov 21 08:28:29 UTC 2019

Hi Folks,

I've been using clamd successfully for years, but finding that some macro viruses in Office docs are slipping through.  I added the free version of Sophos to Mailscanner, and apart from causing my CPU usage to skyrocket, it doesn't seem to detect anything.  Do you have any recommendations on what are the most effective antivirus scanners to run in conjunction with Clam ? Is anyone running several scanners simultaneously ?

Feedback much appreciated.
Thanks
Pramod Daya (CEO)
M.Sc. Computer Science (U. of Oregon)