MailWatch Issue after upgrade

Danita Zanre danita at caledonia.net
Sat Mar 23 11:19:21 UTC 2019

I upgraded MailScanner today to the 5.1.3-2 build (it's been a long time
- I was on 4 something!!!).  I had a few "huh" moments (like the chroot
jail, and wondering if I was supposed to leave the directories at
/data/postfix or use the /var/spool/postfix structure), but I think it's
working now.  Mail seems to be scanned and it's being added properly to
MailWatch.  However, MailWatch is complaining that the permissions on
/var/spool/postfix/hold and incoming are incorrect.  I've tried all
kinds of permssions, and if I change to 777 no complaints - hehe - but
I'm complaining!  I've obviously got something wrong here.

I suspect something about the "groups" - but I have tried changing the
group to just postfix, mtagroup (which has users for my wwwrun, postfix,
vscan, etc. users in it), and still getting this error.  I vaguely
remember this when I first installed it, but I can't remember now.

Thanks in advance.  I'm one of those who knows enough about Linux to be
dangerous - especially when things have "just worked" for years.

--
*Danita Zanrè*, /Move Out of the Office/
I love my job, and you can too!