Custom rulesets

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jan 21 18:33:17 UTC 2019

On 1/21/19 10:11 AM, Peter Farrow wrote:

> It says in the MailScanner.conf file for the "tags" disarm settings that
> this can be the name of a ruleset.
>
> I would like the following settings set to "yes" for a particular
> recipient domain:
>
> Allow IFrame Tags = disarm
> Allow Script Tags = disarm
>
> Allow WebBugs = disarm
> Allow Object Codebase Tags = disarm
>
> Convert Dangerous HTML To Text = yes
>
> I would like these settings to be all set to set to yes for a particular
> recipient domain (eg.example.com)
>
> I do apologise if there is somewhere  this is documented that I should
> have read but I cannot find any detail on how to name and construct such
> a rule...

Have you read /etc/MailScanner/rules/README and
/etc/MailScanner/rules/EXAMPLES?

Maybe your issue is because you need a ruleset for each setting. You
probably inly need two actual rulesets, one for the settings for which
you want 'disarm' settings and one for the setting you want 'yes'. E.g.,

/etc/MailScanner/rules/disarm.rules with content