Oddly missing emails

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 14:17:51 UTC 2019

Mark is (as usual) correct in his guidance... You may have your
mailscanner/postfix logs split into separate files (yes, that is
unusual,but has happened in the past:-)),so be sureto findyour Postfix
rejections etc in the maillog, so to be sure you get all the possible
NOQUEUE: things.
I've been running pflogsumfor years, to get some readable stats on all
that, even posted a few scripts for presentation purposes back inthe
days... Something like that may make your searches easier (well, grep is
pretty easy:-)).

But it is likely tehir system that is acting up...

Cheers!
--
-- Glenn

Den tors 31 jan. 2019 kl 19:08 skrev Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net>:

> On 1/31/19 5:54 AM, Danita Zanre wrote:
> > Nope - and this particular message actually was received.  Today I've
> > received about 3 messages and they and only they even appear in the log.
> >

> > Shawn Iverson via MailScanner wrote on 1/31/19 2:48 PM:
> >> That log says that the message was written to HOLD queue.  Have
> >> anything in there, by chance?
>

> writing to the HOLD queue is the normal way messages are queued from
> Postfix to MailScanner if not using the milter method.
>
> If there is nothing in the mail_log at all for the missing messages,
> they are not getting to Postfix in the first place.
>
> As Alex suggests in another reply, they are probably sending from
> multiple servers and this one gets through, but others are blocked by
> some firewall rule.

-- Glenn