clamdscan

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Dec 24 20:41:48 UTC 2019

On 12/24/19 10:42 AM, gmarr at jen.bz wrote:

> But when I lint somehow MS does not use the batch file?!

That's because it talks directly to clamd via the socket and doesn't use
clamdscan at all.

You need to set everything up so it can work. In
<http://lists.mailscanner.info/pipermail/mailscanner/2019-December/106099.html>
I said

> I use
>
> Incoming Work User = postfix
> Incoming Work Group = clamav
> chmod 2770 /var/spool/MailScanner/
> chown postfix:clamav /var/spool/MailScanner/

Actually that was a mistake. It should have said

chmod 2770 /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming
chown postfix:clamav /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming

if in fact you did the original chmod and chown above, you should
reverse that with

chmod 755 /var/spool/MailScanner/
chown postfix:postfix /var/spool/MailScanner/

in addition, I also have the default

Incoming Work Permissions = 0660

and in /etc/clamav/clamd.conf I have

User clamav