clamdscan

gmarr at jen.bz gmarr at jen.bz
Tue Dec 24 18:42:51 UTC 2019

I'm still struggling with the clamd lstat error!

When I use the --fdpass option with clamdscan I can scan any directories.

So I renamed clamdscan to clamdscan-cmd and made the batch clamdscan below;
#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/clamdscan-cmd --fdpass $@

Works great from the command line.
# clamdscan-cmd /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming: lstat() failed: Permission denied. ERROR
# clamdscan /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/64550/1.message: Eicar-Test-Signature FOUND

But when I lint somehow MS does not use the batch file?!
MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = clamd"
Found these virus scanners installed: clamd, avast
Filename Checks: Windows/DOS Executable (1 eicar.com)
Other Checks: Found 1 problems
Virus and Content Scanning: Starting
Clamd::ERROR:: UNKNOWN CLAMD RETURN ./lstat() failed: Permission denied.
ERROR :: /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/79165
Virus Scanning: Clamd found 1 infections
Virus Scanning: Found 1 viruses

Can I make a wrapper so that the clamdscan command always has the --fdpass
option?  I can not understand how MS calls clamdscan-cmd instead of the
batch I made.