Mailscanner passing a virus

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at mailscanner.open.source.it
Thu Dec 19 21:18:24 UTC 2019

On Thursday 19 December 2019 at 22:12:13, William D. Colburn wrote:

> One of our users got a virus today.  A Mal/DocDl-K word document.  I've
> resent it to myself multiple times, and MailScanner knows it is a virus
> in the maillog file:
>
> Dec 19 13:10:01 revere MailScanner[25330]: >>> Virus 'Mal/DocDl-K' found in
> file /var/pool/MailScanner/incoming/25330/xBJK9VH2030335/nbonus 2019.doc

Did the same thing appear for the initial delivery to the "user"?

> But no {VIRUS?} tag is added to the subject line and no headers are
> added to the email, so it gets delivered as normal, which is less than
> ideal.

Presumably this *does* happen when you send something such as EICAR into the
same address?

> But I'm kind of stumped as what I need to look at or debug.

Show us your MailScanner config file, and tell us how MailScanner is connected
in to your mail delivery system, as a start.

Antony.

--
The next sentence is true.
The previous sentence is untrue.