Mailscanner passing a virus

William D. Colburn wcolburn at nrao.edu
Thu Dec 19 21:12:13 UTC 2019

One of our users got a virus today.  A Mal/DocDl-K word document.  I've
resent it to myself multiple times, and MailScanner knows it is a virus
in the maillog file:

Dec 19 13:10:01 revere MailScanner[25330]: >>> Virus 'Mal/DocDl-K' found in file /var/pool/MailScanner/incoming/25330/xBJK9VH2030335/nbonus 2019.doc

But no {VIRUS?} tag is added to the subject line and no headers are
added to the email, so it gets delivered as normal, which is less than
ideal.

But I'm kind of stumped as what I need to look at or debug.

MailScanner version is 5.0.3 with sendmail running on RHEL6.10.  Any
advice is appreciated.

--Schlake