ramdisk_store

Kevin Miller kevin.miller at juneau.org
Fri Dec 13 23:05:38 UTC 2019

I noticed over 500 directories in /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming going back many months.  I deleted them (they were all empty) and rebooted.  They came right back.  Doing a bit more sleuthing, I found the same bunch of ancient history In /var/spool/MailScanner/ramdisk_store.  I deleted the directories (they were all empty) from both locations and they stayed gone.  Shouldn't ramdisk_store  be cleaned up by the system?  Since /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming is a tmpfs, it will clear out when the machine is rebooted, of course, but whatever is supposed to be cleaning ramdisk_store doesn't seem to be.

I'm running MailScanner Version: 5.1.3 on Debian Buster.

Thanks...

...Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Network/email Administrator, CBJ MIS Dept.