Prevent header forgery

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at mailscanner.open.source.it
Sun Sep 2 09:15:55 UTC 2018

On Sunday 02 September 2018 at 11:08:57, Monis Monther wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to prevent users from changing the header. We do not want
> the envelope to be different than the header. (i.e: header from must match
> return-path).

Have you looked at the headers of emails on this list?

For example, the message you just sent arrived with me showing, amongst
others:

bounces+antony.stone=mailscanner.open.source.it at lists.mailscanner.info>

From: Monis Monther <mmmm82 at gmail.com>

It's perfectly common for From to be different from Return-Path.

Regards,

Antony.

--
I conclude that there are two ways of constructing a software design: One way
is to make it so simple that there are _obviously_ no deficiencies, and the

 - C A R Hoare

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.