Problems with 5.1.1 milter

Shawn Iverson iversons at rushville.k12.in.us
Mon Oct 8 04:32:59 UTC 2018

Yes, that is definitely a problem.  This must be a bug in msmail.pm causing
this.  The header functions had to be rewritten to be postfix independent.
It is not checking for a continuation line at the end of the header. I will
take a look.

On Sun, Oct 7, 2018 at 10:17 PM Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> Shawn Iverson wrote:
>
> > There's a performance fix in this commit that should help with most of
> > this.  The crashing is likely from partially written messages in the
> > milterin queue as a result of not writing the file in a single pass.  I
> > hope to get a few more issues resolved before doing another release.
> >

> https://github.com/MailScanner/v5/commit/5083b4e0f0eecbec84a5ab94538b0ffbe35f90f1
>

> I've been doing a bit more testing. I installed the above change, and
> even with that I see this issue.
>
> I submit a message whose headers end with

> And the resultant message after MailScanner has headers ending with

> I.e. the MailScanner report headers are inserted before the last line of
> the headers rather than appended after. This is not always a problem,
> but in this case, it causes the 'boundary=' to be separated from the
> 'Content-Type:' which is a problem.

Shawn Iverson, CETL
Director of Technology
Rush County Schools