Problems with 5.1.1 milter

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Oct 8 02:17:20 UTC 2018

Shawn Iverson wrote:

> There's a performance fix in this commit that should help with most of
> this.  The crashing is likely from partially written messages in the
> milterin queue as a result of not writing the file in a single pass.  I
> hope to get a few more issues resolved before doing another release.
>
> https://github.com/MailScanner/v5/commit/5083b4e0f0eecbec84a5ab94538b0ffbe35f90f1

I've been doing a bit more testing. I installed the above change, and
even with that I see this issue.

I submit a message whose headers end with

And the resultant message after MailScanner has headers ending with

I.e. the MailScanner report headers are inserted before the last line of
the headers rather than appended after. This is not always a problem,
but in this case, it causes the 'boundary=' to be separated from the
'Content-Type:' which is a problem.