Issue with MSMilter/MSMail and QMQP delivery

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Nov 25 01:20:05 UTC 2018

On 11/24/18 4:05 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> If have tried various experiments delivering messages with and without
> <CRLF> body line terminators directly to Postfix via QMQP, and I am
> unable to duplicate the <CRLF> body line terminators in the received
> mail. Yet I don't see a difference between how I'm testing an how
> MSMail.pm is delivering.

The issue with my experiments was the way I was creating the test
messages didn't actually include the <CR> characters. Now that I figured
that out, I see that for delivery to Postfix via SMTP, line terminators
such as <CRLF>, <CRCRLF> and even <CRCRCRLF> are all treated as <LF>.
I.e., it appears that possibly any number of <CR> characters immediately
preceding a <LF> are dropped, but with delivery via QMQP they are retained.

I think I can come up with a fix.