Issue with MSMilter/MSMail and QMQP delivery

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Nov 25 00:05:48 UTC 2018

I have discovered an issue with the new milter function and QMQP
delivery. There are 3 files attached to this message.

QUEUE.txt is a queue entry as found in .../milterin.  It seems strange
to me because I'm not fully up to speed on Postfix queues, but the
strangeness is all lines of this file up to and including the empty line
that separates the header from the body have <LF> terminators, but the
body lines after that all have <CRLF> terminators.

It appears to me that the queue files passed to MailScanner come this
way from Postfix, but I'm not certain of that.

Anyway, The files QMQP.txt and SMTP.txt contain the message delivered to
the recipient when QUEUE.txt in placed in milterin/ with an appropriate
name with the respective delivery method set in MailScanner.

The SMTP.txt message has <LF> terminators throughout the entire message,
but the QMQP.txt message has <CRLF> terminators in the body portion of
the message just as in the QUEUE.txt file.

If have tried various experiments delivering messages with and without
<CRLF> body line terminators directly to Postfix via QMQP, and I am
unable to duplicate the <CRLF> body line terminators in the received
mail. Yet I don't see a difference between how I'm testing an how
MSMail.pm is delivering.

The reason this is an issue is the extra <CR> characters in the
delivered mail break DKIM signatures.