Wrongfully whitelisted

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at mailscanner.open.source.it
Fri Jun 29 20:42:30 UTC 2018

On Friday 29 June 2018 at 16:04:34, Jim Wirtz wrote:

> You know when you could swear that you have been through all your
> setting at least a dozen times, but fail to see/remember that one thing?

We've all been there, I think.

> Well I forgot about a script/cron that would rebuild a white list from
> data I stored.

Ah.

> I have gone through and remove all whitelists to where I only have the
> MailScanner whitelist. So far no unexpected white listed emails.

Good.

> The only question left in my mind, what other ways could an email be
> whitelisted?

Well, since you still haven't told us what ways you are (now) whitelisting, I
think we still can't tell you what *other* ways there are.

I'll state more clearly what others have already said more softly - if you
don't give us much information to go on, we can't be much help; if you give us
enough detail to understand your configuration and to see what exactly is
happening with a specific email you're asking about, we can offer useful
suggestions.

The quality of an answer is often directly related to the quality of the
question.

Antony.

--
Archaeologists have found a previously-unknown dinosaur which seems to have
had a very large vocabulary.  They've named it Thesaurus.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.