Mailscanner - Spamassassin Issue

David Jones djones at ena.com
Fri Jun 8 11:13:54 UTC 2018

On 06/08/2018 02:19 AM, Toby wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After a bit more digging i have done an ExamDiff on the two logs
> produced by a successful scan and a failed scan.  There appears to be a
> block of differences, they continue the same until the failed one gives
> a "finished parsing", at which point the successfull seems to give a
> much more detailed report.  I have highlighted the differences and
> removed the vast amount of differences leading up to "Finished parsing"
> (lots of fix path, add tld list, using file statements).

Make sure you are running these manual SA scans as the same user that is
in your MailScanner.conf.  The most common problem that causes this is
different users like postfix and root having different settings which
cause different paths to be used just like you are experiencing.

If you want to run "MailScanner --version", "MailScanner --lint" and
then your manual scans with the full output and post it on pastebin.com
for us to see, this should help us get a better idea of the problem.

--
David Jones