Phishing Whitelisting entries not working

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jul 26 16:52:27 UTC 2018

On 07/26/2018 12:03 AM, Pramod Daya wrote:

> I’m using the latest version of ms-update-phishing to download phishing
> lists, and putting whitelisted sites into
> /etc/MailScanner/phishing.safe.sites.custom.   They get merged with
> phishing.safe.sites.conf when ms-update-phishing runs.
>

> However, email from sites that I whitelist still get a {Disarmed} tag.

What is the exact disarming that occurs. There are several disarmings
that are not phishing frauds from phishing.bad.sites.conf. The only ones
that phishing.safe.sites.conf will stop are sites that match
phishing.bad.sites.conf.

In particular, phishing.safe.sites.conf has nothing to do with web bug
disarming or disarming of a link because the text looks like a domain
different from the href.