Phishing Whitelisting entries not working

Thomas Lohman thomasl at mtl.mit.edu
Thu Jul 26 14:36:22 UTC 2018

Hi,

Double check that your "site.com" string is not also somehow matched in
the master bad phishing sites conf file that is downloaded.  I had a
similar issue sometime in the past and wrote my own program to process
the safe and bad master files and remove anything from bad that seemed
to also be matched in safe.

For example, this is in safe:

*.google.com

and these are in bad:

drive.google.com
plus.google.com
www.sites.google.com
chrome.google.com
play.google.com
appengine.google.com

I guess it all depends on which one you want to take precedence but I
remove the above from the bad master based on the "*.google.com" safe
entry since it seemed like the bad list was taking precedence.

--tom