[Question] Remove These Headers and Outlook conversation view

Eoin Kim Eoin.Kim at rcst.com.au
Thu Feb 15 08:31:58 UTC 2018

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

So, if MailWatch is configured to release quarantined emails as original and MailScanner is configured to remove Message-ID: header, no Message-ID: is generated during the release? Like the RFC 5322 says, if all messages should have Message-ID: header, shouldn't MTA generate a new Message-ID: by itself when releasing messages? Also, I am not sure whether Message-ID: header should be always unique or not. If it should be unique, then how Exchange server can group related messages in a conversation view in user's Outlook?

Ah... This looks way more complicated than I expected. Thanks again.

Eoin