question about mailscanner install.sh script

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Sep 15 01:23:55 UTC 2017

On 09/14/2017 03:44 PM, Maarten wrote:

> However in my old config I have set my the %org-name% with my
>
> domain name. When I search those three config files my domain
>
> name isn't even  in any of those files and neither are the paths I have
> set for
>
> "Incoming Queue Dir" and "Outgoing Queue Dir" and "Incoming Work Dir"

You do have to set %org-name% in MailScanner.conf because it is used
later in the file unless you override everything.

But, things like "Incoming Queue Dir" and "Outgoing Queue Dir" and
"Incoming Work Dir" are better set in a file in /etc/MailScanner/conf.d/
where they will override the MailScanner.conf settings, but even so, it
should work.

> Are any of your old config setting listed in MailScanner.conf.original?

Yes, all my changed settings (really just %org-name% and %report-dir%)
are in both MailScanner.conf.original and MailScanner.new.

Did you run install.sh as root? If not, maybe there was some permission
issue that prevented it from reading your old MailScanner.conf.