Bayes not working?

David While dwhile at while.org.uk
Thu Sep 14 08:37:50 UTC 2017

Ok Now I am at a computer!

Default threshold for spam is 12. This can be changed with a config
setting but the minimum value is 6.

 From the spamassassin web page:

  USER OPTIONS

The following configuration settings are used to control auto-learning:

*bayes_auto_learn_threshold_nonspam n.nn (default: 0.1)*
    The score threshold below which a mail has to score, to be fed into
    SpamAssassin's learning systems automatically as a non-spam message.
*bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam n.nn (default: 12.0)*
    The score threshold above which a mail has to score, to be fed into
    SpamAssassin's learning systems automatically as a spam message.

    Note: SpamAssassin requires at least 3 points from the header, and 3
    points from the body to auto-learn as spam. Therefore, the minimum
    working value for this option is 6.