MailScanner

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Mar 17 02:51:21 UTC 2017

On 03/16/2017 07:32 PM, Joshua Cameron wrote:

> However when being received by cPanel, MailScanner is doing SPF checks
> and such that are leading the emails to get marked as spam.
>
> I’ve disabled these checks in cPanel’s own software, but I’m looking for
> a way to whitelist an IP from being checked for SPF in MailScanner.

As far as I know, the only MailScanner SPF checks are in SpamAssassin.
To disable a SpamAssassin rule, put

score RULE_NAME 0

in /etc/MailScanner/spamassassin.conf (that's the normal path to this
file - where it is in cPanel may be different).  RULE_NAME is whatever
is hitting and raising the score. Probably things like SPF_FAIL,
SPF_NEUTRAL and SPF_SOFTFAIL.

There may also be files in /etc/spamassassin. Normally
/etc/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf is a symlink to
/etc/MailScanner/spamassassin.conf, but there is also a local.cf and you
could put your scores there or even in your own .cf file in that
directory. Those .cf files are loaded in alphanumeric order and later
settings override earlier ones.