Mailscanner, forwarding and SPF - the answer is SRS

Daniel Brunt daniel at brunt.ca
Thu Mar 2 22:34:14 UTC 2017

Hi Don,

I found an answer to the SPF issue on forwarded emails - SRS.  I found the setting at Barracuda in advanced settings.  This rewrites the sender envelope info such that the next hop will accept it as it appears to be (in my case) from barracudanetworks.com and GoDaddy is now happy.  (envelope-sender <srs0=by7r=2l=<my_domain>.ca=daniel at srs.ess.barracudanetworks.com>)
Now what you need is a way to implement SRS in EFA.  Note: PostSRSd is not currently part of EFA - that's not to say it cannot be added!  See https://github.com/roehling/postsrsd

Good luck,
-Daniel

Also see http://www.openspf.org/SRS