Upgrade

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Sat Jun 3 21:41:50 UTC 2017

On Sat, 2017-06-03 at 16:04 +0000, Philip Parsons wrote:
> Took a working 4.85.2 to 5.03

> Got everything working on a Centos box with a couple of issues.

What version of CentOS?  If it's CentOS 7, you're going to need the
latest patches that are being actively worked on.  MailScanner has some
patches for systemd (the init system for CentOS 7, Fedora, and other
recent distros) but the modules for independently firing up sendmail in
cooperation with MailScanner are incomplete.  There are some patches in
git right now for 5.0.4 which are working for me in Fedora 24.
Comments indicate CentOS 6, CentOS 7, and Fedora 25 are also installing
properly.

https://github.com/MailScanner/v5/issues/50

https://github.com/MailScanner/v5/issues/23

https://github.com/MailScanner/v5/pull/54

Work is actively in progress.

If you are the developer type, you can do what I did.  Clone the
MailScanner v5 git repo and then pull down a patch for the latest patch
 from shawniverson.  Latest patch is currently this:

To view:
https://github.com/MailScanner/v5/pull/54/commits/7b11825dfaa0ebf4c30462c94bea950b9361e86f

A "patchable" patch:
https://github.com/MailScanner/v5/pull/54/commits/7b11825dfaa0ebf4c30462c94bea950b9361e86f.patch

Apply patch and run the "Build.rhel" script.  That will create an rpm
for you which you can install through yum/dnf.  I have it running on my
Fedora systems now.  If you're not up to doing that, you may have to
wait a few days, at least for the patch to be merged into the 5.0.4
branch.

> sendmail is the MTA
>
> Last item is I cannot get it to process any mail it receives it just
> find but then all messages get stuck in the processing queue and go
> around and around until the limit is reached and then it sends the
> problem message email saying the email tried to kill Mailscanner
> these
> are just plain txt test email messages.
>
> Any ideas
>

> --
>
> Thank You
> Philip Parsons

Regards,
Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 978-7061 |  mhw at WittsEnd.com