Spam List = spamhaus-ZEN ?

Remco Barendse mailscanner at barendse.to
Wed Jul 5 09:20:46 UTC 2017

Thanks Mark!

Another small bug (or feauture?) ;)

I put all of my settings in /etc/MailScanner/conf.d/my_settings.conf
as recommended in MailScanner.conf

But MailScanner doesn't take the value at %org-name% = from my settings
file, it only takes it from /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf

And another thing I noticed is that after a half a day ps -A | grep ail
shows mere that there are many more mailscanner processes running than
the 5 i set in MailScanner.conf

On Tue, 4 Jul 2017, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> On 7/4/17 12:04 AM, Remco Barendse wrote:
>>
>> I found a much cleaned up version of spam.lists.conf which is good but
>> have some question on the format. The default MailScanner.conf says :
>> Spam List = spamhaus-ZEN # You can un-comment this to enable them
>

> It actually says
>
> Spam List = # spamhaus-ZEN # You can un-comment this to enable them
>

>> But the spam.lists.conf says :
>> # http://barracudacentral.org/rbl
>> BARRACUDA                       b.barracudacentral.org
>>
>> # aggregate list - http://www.sorbs.net/using.shtml
>> SORBS                           dnsbl.sorbs.net
>>
>> # aggregate list - http://www.spamhaus.org/zen/
>> SPAMHAUS                        zen.spamhaus.org
>>
>> # aggregate list - https://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml
>> SPAMCOP                         bl.spamcop.net
>

> And it also says:
>
> # I dragged this file kicking and screaming into this decade. The number of
> # reliable lists is limited IMHO. Feel free to add your own.
> # 23 Jan 2016 - Jerry Benton
>
> among other relevant comments.
>

>> Am i right that MailScanner.conf should contain :
>> Spam List = BARRACUDA SORBS SPAMHAUS SPAMCOP
>

> If you want to use exactly those 4 lists.
>

>> but not spamhaus-ZEN ?
>

> right, unless you define it, but SPAMHAUS already points there so to use
> that list include SPAMHAUS, but not spamhaus-ZEN in Spam List.
>

>> (If yes, maybe something to fix in the repository?)
>

> Yes, the commented entry in MailScanner.conf is misleading. I've created
> <https://github.com/MailScanner/v5/pull/59> to address this.
>

>> I also noticed that cbl.abuseat.org is no longer there, these guys are
>> still going strong (i use cbl.abuseat.org as a blocklist even in my
>> sendmail config).
>

> See Jerry's comment above.

believed to be clean.