Names in subject

Danita Zanre danita at caledonia.net
Fri Jan 6 15:50:30 UTC 2017

This is probably better for a spamassassin list, but everyone here seems pretty knowledgeable, so I’ll ask.  We are getting a fair amount of spam that has the recipient’s name in parenthesis.  I’d like to create a rule that will address these.  I’m lousy with regex though, and I’m assuming I would need to have a rule that I just update with names as I notice them.  I thought it would be something like:

header NAME_IN_SUBJECT	Subject =~ /\(danita|james|joe\)/

I specifically only want the rule to act on those with the parentheses in the subject - I don’t think my rule is working.

Thanks

Danita Zanrè, Move Out of the Office
I love my job, and you can too!
Tel: (720) 319-7530 - Caledonia Network Consulting
Tel: (720) 319-8240 - Move Out of the Office