File(name|type) rules - was hijacked: "Allow Script Tags" affects attachments?

Paul Scott sales at edenusa.com
Wed Feb 8 23:39:42 UTC 2017

Hello Mark,

Our MTA is Sendmail.

The contents of the /etc/init.d/mailscanner file are massive and difficult to cut and paste here.  So I don't know how I am going to fix that issue.  However, that is secondary to the attachment issue.

Unfortunately, in the meantime, I also had another incident where a sender sending an attachment resulted in this bounce-back email again (I added those "--START OF MESSAGE-- and --END..." banners):

--START OF MESSAGE--
Warning: This message has had one or more attachments removed
Warning: (the entire message).
Warning: Please read the "EdenUSAInc-Attachment-Warning.txt" attachment(s) for more information.

This is a message from the MailScanner E-Mail Virus Protection Service
The original e-mail attachment "the entire message"
was believed to be dangerous and/or infected by a virus and has been replaced by this warning message.

Due to limitations placed on us by the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000, we were unable to keep a copy of the infected attachment. Please ask the sender of the message to disinfect their original version and send you a clean copy.